The Doctoral School of Education asks all applicants to contact the Person in Charge of the Programme.
The list of them can be found the following link:
The Doctoral School of Education welcomes all applicants whose professional foundations are strong and are able to elaborate a research plan.
If the applicant takes their final examination during the current semester, and their degree certificate (diploma) is not issued before the application deadline, a certification is required which verifies that the applicant will presumably receive a degree. In case of being accepted as a student, however, the applicant must present the diploma upon enrolment at the latest.
The language of instruction for the entire programme is English, so a very good command of English is required during the oral entrance exam and throughout the whole programme. The language knowledge is assessed and evaluated during the interview.
The application starts on the online application system. Students need to register in the system, fill in the online application form, upload the required documents and follow the instructions during the application process.
List of application documents:
- Master's diploma (an official English translation of the MA certificate)
- Research plan outline (3-4 pages)
- Professional CV
- Motivation letter
- Reference work (it can be any academic paper written in English by the applicant within the field of education (MA thesis extract, a research paper, a seminar paper, a research report, a published journal article or a book chapter, a case study, a literature review, etc.) Either a new paper or an improved version of an earlier work can also be written for the current application. The ideal length should be between 5-15 pages excluding references and the appendices. There are no special requirements concerning the format.)
- Supervisor statement
- Main pages of the passport
- A list of publications (not obligatory)
- Recommendations (not obligatory)
- For the self-funded applicants: Proof of transfer of the application fee and the entrance exam fee - 120 EUR + 120 EUR (The application and the entrance exam fee can be paid separately or in one amount as well.)
Both fees should be transferred to the following account:
Name of Bank: Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
Address of Bank: Budapest, Váci út 71, Hungary – 1139
Holder of the account: Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
Account No.: 10032000-01426201-00000000
SWIFT Code: HUSTHUHB
IBAN Number: HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000
Procedure of the entrance examination
The entrance exam is an interview, based on the applicant’s research plan. It can be taken in person or via Skype.
The criteria of the evaluation of the research plan and the entrance exam:
- the feasibility of the research within the framework of the doctoral programme,
- the awareness of the research's theoretical and bibliographical background,
- the knowledge of foreign languages,
- previous research results and the ability for completing academic teaching tasks.
If you have any further questions regarding the above, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find some general information at the University’s website at http://www.elte.hu/en.