Conditions of borrowing:
Book borrowing is possible in person with a valid library card.
- From the Kazinczy Street Library students, lecturers,staff and ELTE International Alumni Chapter of ELTE can borrow books.
- From the Izabella Street Library only students and lecturers of the ELTE PPK Institute of Psychology can borrow, but anyone can use the library locally free of charge.
- Persons who do not have a legal relationship with ELTE can not borrow books.
Documents for loan:
- From Kazinczy Street Library you can borrow documents that are in storage in Kazinczy Street.
- From Izabella Street Library you can borrow the documents that are on the free shelves.
Documents that can not be borrowed:
- Books in the Reading Room in Kazinczy Street Library
- Books for local use in the Library of Izabella Street
- theses, dissertations
- documents of special collections
- documents classified as protected files
- From Kazinczy Street Library a student can borrow 5 books at the same time while a lecturer can borrow 25 books.
- From Izabella Library a student can borrow 4+4 documents (4 books + 4lecture notes) at the same time while a lecturer can borrow 25 books.
Submitting loan requests:
Loan requests can be made only for books that can be found under the label: Kazincy u. raktár or Izabella u. kölcs. The online catalog can be used for information.
Loan requests can be made via email, phone or in person. Please indicate the exact details of the desired book: author, title, storage reference number. In case of a personal request, a request form must be issued for the selected books in the Kazinczy Street Library.
The books are brought up from the Kazinczy Street Storage on demand, the books can be picked up 10-15 minutes after the request is submitted because of the transit time.
There is a free shelf system in the Izabella Street Library, it is not necessary to fill in a request form. The selected books must be handed over to the librarian in the Circulation room, who will lend the documents to the reader in the integrated system.
Books requested by e-mail can be picked up for 5 working days, during which time the books will be set aside in the name of the requester.
Picking up the books you want to borrow is possible during the opening hours of the Circulation Room. Books requested to borrow can only be picked up in person.
If there is no copy available for loan in the library, reservation can be made. Documents on loan may be reserved on the web-based catalog of the Library after login; or with the help of the librarian
The term of loan:
- In Kazinczy Street library, the default loan period is 4 weeks (28 days). We also have books with shorter deadlines, 2 weeks (14 days), 1 week (7 days). Semi-annual documents are long-term loans for instructors.
- In Izabella Street library, the default loan period is 3 weeks (21 days). We also have books and tests with shorter loan periods of 1 week (7 days). Semi-annual documents are long-term loans for instructors.
As a convenience, the library will send you an email 2 working days before the end of the loan period. Alert notices that are not sent out or not delivered due to possible technical problems are not a legal basis for the delay and cannot be held accountable at the library.
Extension of loan:
Due dates of the borrowed books can be extended two times, if there is no reservation made.
The extension of the loan can be requested via phone, e-mail, via the web app and by logging in to the online catalog. Books with expired loan periods can only be extended by the librarian.
It is possible to return or return the borrowed books to another person during the opening hours of the Circulation Room. The current expiration dates can be checked here after logging in.
A late fee is paid by the reader, who returns the borrowed document after the end of the loan period or extends it late. The amount of the late fee is included in the current "fee table". The late fee for documents with shorter loan periods is double the amount for late return in the “fee table” . The late fee can be paid in cash or by credit card.
The reader who has a book or money debt is temporarily excluded from the loan. If the reader, despite a warning, does not comply with the rules, handles the book carelessly, and does not return it after urging, the reader may be excluded from the loan for a specified period of time or permanently.
Students who are temporarily or permanently dismissed from the faculty are required to report to the library until the day prior to leaving the institution.
Those student can be admitted to the final exam who has settled his or her library debts.